Role: SEO Specialist
Team: Sales and Marketing
Location: Remote Working
At Umeand, we are passionate about bringing people together, one group at a time. Good things happens when people come together, and that’s what really matters to us. The best part about working at Umeand, is building a platform that helps to make a very real difference in people’s social and professional lives. As an SEO Specialist, you will take the lead on all our SEO operations, finding creative solutions to interesting SEO challenges. The ideal candidate will have a passion for keyword research, content optimization, and keeping up with the latest search engines’ algorithm updates. You'll be an expert of on-page, off-page SEO concepts and be expected to analyze data to figure out new ways to further optimize our website.
What You Will Do:
- Plan and develop a scalable SEO strategy to grow our presence on social media (Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin).
- Utilize analytics to make data-driven decisions around what will serve our users and customers, increase organic presence, and improve business KPIs.
- Compile and present SEO performance reports and develop and present updates to demonstrate the impact.
- Work in spreadsheets to measure and track performance and growth.
- Research existing content performance, identify potential content ideas based on user search data and intent, optimize existing content around target keywords.
- Collaborate and communicate with other teams (e.g. content and analytics) in a way that produces positive SEO outcomes.
- Determine SEO-friendly content topics and guide content creation based on SEO strategies.
- Develop and deliver concise KPI reports that deliver insights on performance and opportunities.
- Contribute innovative ideas and consistently present new ways to further improve the SEO of our website.
- Develop a style and tone of voice for our social channels and ensure it resonates with our audience.
- Drive community engagement; build industry/influencer relationship engagement.
- Leverage other relevant social channels and communities to share our story
- Reputation management via social channels.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum 3-5 years of hands-on experience working on SEO projects.
- Good knowledge of web programming languages, familiarity with HTML and CSS.
- Working knowledge of common SEO tools (such as Keyword Planner, Google Analytics etc).
- Experience of researching and optimizing content for SEO purposes.
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
- Working knowledge of Excel or comparable spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent communication skills; both technical and non-technical.
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven mindset.
- Strong time management and project management skills.
- Think critically: your ideas will be well thought out and you can easily conceptualize them and put them into action.
- Proactive: to succeed you'll need to be the type of person who identifies potential issues before they even arise, not someone who only acts when there is a problem.
- Work efficiently: always looking for ways to get more done with less wasted effort.
- Willingness to challenge conventional norms and views, intellectual curiosity to evaluate leading approaches.
- Strong autonomy to work remotely and with colleagues.
At Umeand we look for talent, flexibility and independence. You will be pivotal in scaling our business. We celebrate differences, and we thrive on it. We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.