Role: Customer Service Executive – Online Support
Team: Customer Services
Location: Remote Working
At Umeand, we are passionate about bringing people together, one group at a time. Good things happens when people come together, and that’s what really matters to us. The best part about working at Umeand is building a platform that helps to make a very real difference in people’s social and professional lives.
As a Customer Service Executive you will need entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for solving problems. You’ll be committed to effective service delivery and have broad-based customer service operations experience. The ideal candidate will have served in a variety of customer service operations, specifically on digital service capabilities.
What You'll Do:
- Provide day-to-day customer support, resolving queries and issues via phone, email, and live chat including customer self-service.
- Respond to customers in a timely, empathetic, and transparent way.
- Liaise with other teams to ensure that technical team is aware of any challenges that customers face.
- Gather feedback from customers about their experience and how the product can be made better.
- Help improve processes and tools to enhance customer experience.
- Build comprehensive knowledge of Umeand policies and operational processes.
- Escalate bugs and ensure that customer issues are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Review customer interactions and ensure that the relevant team is notified when technical issues arise.
- Listen to customers, staying focused on what they have to say.
- Handle difficult customer queries sensitively and confidently.
- Identify issues for escalation and keep in constant communication with others to ensure partners are well informed.
- Be available and responsive to the nature of the business.
- Provide exceptional customer service with a positive and professional attitude.
- React promptly and follow-through on all requests acknowledging receipt of requests within the same day and setting expectations for delivery of request.
- Work independently and with little direction.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1 year of online support experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with customers.
- Work well under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organisational skills, and be able to follow through on tasks in a timely manner.
- Be a problem solver with a genuine interest in learning by helping.
- Track record of providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Strong autonomy to work remotely and with colleagues.
At Umeand, we look for talent, flexibility and independence. You will be pivotal in scaling our business. We celebrate differences, and we thrive on it. We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.