3. Account Information and Security. When you created an account, you provided us with registration-related information such as your full name and email address, including a password. We asked that you keep your email address and other account information accurate. You agree to maintain the security and confidentiality of your password. We strongly encourage you to choose a strong and unique password for your Umeand account. You alone are responsible for anything that happens from your failure to maintain the security and confidentiality of your Umeand account. No one at Umeand will email you and ask you to disclose or verify your Umeand password, credit card, or bank account details. Check Keeping Your Account Safe for more information.
4. Eligibility. The Umeand platform is for anyone who is at least 16 years of age and above. Our services are not directed to children under the age of 16. Our platform is not intended for and may not be used by individuals under 16 years of age. By registering for a Umeand account, you promise that you are at least 16 years of age.
5. 30-Day Free Trial. Our 30-day free trial gives you access to use our platform from the day you create your account. You may only use this free trial offer once. Umeand reserves the right to withdraw or to modify this tree trial offer at any time without prior notice and with no liability.
6. Annual Subscription. We charge annual subscription membership for some aspects of our Platform, and some of these fees are billed on an annual recurring basis, unless you cancel your subscription or delete your Umeand account. By creating an account with us, you agree to take up the Umeand 30-day free trial. Umeand annual subscription is inclusive of VAT (value added tax). There are no additional fees. After your free trial ends, your paid subscription will begin and we will bill you for the annual subscription on the first day following the end of the free trial, on a recurring annual basis until cancellation. We ask that you cancel your subscription at least 2 days before the end of your free trial if you don’t want to be charged the annual subscription.
7. Automatic Renewal. For some accounts, Umeand will automatically charge your credit card in our system. We will automatically bill you for each renewal period until cancellation. Recurring renewal subscription fees are payable in advance of the applicable period specified on your welcome or subscription page. We do not issue a refund on recurring renewal. You can turn off the auto-renew from your account subscription page if you do not want your account to auto-renew at the end of your billing period. We ask that you cancel your subscription at least 2 days before the end of the period specified on your subscription page to ensure that you are not charged for the following year.
8. Gift Cards. Umeand Gift Cards are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. They're not redeemable in conjunction with other discounts or promotions. Gift Cards can only be redeemed on our website www.umeand.com, where you will need to create an account to redeem your Gift Card. Gift Cards are redeemable for full price subscription, ranging from 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or an annual subscription, purchased directly from www.umeand.com/giftcards. Gift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash or credit and cannot be returned or resold. The Gift Card can be used only once for the full face value for an individual account. Umeand is not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from lost, stolen, or fraudulently obtained cards or use without permission. Check our Gift Card Policy for more information.
9. Refund. We do not offer a refund if you fail to cancel your subscription before the expiration. We do not offer pro-rated refunds or credits for partially used subscriptions. We reserve the right to issue refunds or credits at our sole discretion. If you purchase a Gift Card but you haven’t redeemed the card online, you can get a full refund within 14 days of the purchase. Please contact us for a refund.
10. Termination. If you violate or act inconsistently with this agreement, including any of our other policies or as part of this Agreement, we can terminate your account, in our sole discretion, or in the best interest of the Umeand community, to protect our brand or Platform. Before we terminate your account, we will notify you of the reasons for the termination. We also may remove accounts of members who are inactive for an extended period of time. Termination from accessing your Umeand account includes removal of access to and barring of further use of our platform, including all related information, files and content associated with your account (or any part thereof). We will not have any liability whatsoever to you or any third party for any modification or deletion of your account.
11. Prohibited Use of our Platform. You are authorised to use our Platform for the permitted purposes in this agreement and other polices within this agreement. Our Platform contains proprietary and confidential information and is protected by intellectual property and other laws. Unless we expressly permit it through these terms, you agree that you will not, either directly or indirectly, (a) license, store, sell, transfer, reproduce, distribute, host or otherwise commercially exploit any part our platform or any portion of the Services; (b) enclose any trademark, logo including content, design, page layout or form; (c) use any metatags or other “hidden text”, use the Umeand name or trademarks; (d) modify, translate, adapt, merge, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the platform (e) directly or indirectly download unauthorised data (except if we have expressly granted such rights in writing); (f) access the platform to build a similar or competitive website, application or service; (g) copy, distribute or republish any part of the services, in any form or by any means; (h) remove or destroy any copyright notices or other proprietary markings contained on or in the platform; (i) interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the platform or use the platform in any way not expressly permitted by this terms; and (j) attempt to gain unauthorised access to any portion of this platform or any other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to this platform, whether through hacking, password mining, or any other means, and (k) use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods in connection with our platform; and (l) stalk, harass, or harm another individual; and (m) you shall not attempt to harm our platform, our community or our brand.
12. Limitation of Liability. Umeand shall not be liable for any direct or indirect; (a) incidental, consequential or damages; (b) interactions with or conduct of other Users or third-party websites of any kind, rights, and actions of any kind; (c) personal injuries, death, and property damage, related to or arises in connection with or as a result of this terms or your use our platform; (d) including but not limited to any loss of profit, loss of goodwill, loss of business reputation, loss of data, cost of goods or services, or other intangible loss, resulting from the use or the inability to use our platform; (e) any changes we may make to our platform, or any permanent or temporary cessation in the provision of the platform; (f) unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; the deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store, any content and other communications data maintained or transmitted by or through the use of our platform; (g) or any other matter relating to our platform, or for any errors or omissions of content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any such content. You agree to comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations regarding your use of our platform.
13. Intellectual Property. Our platform contains our service marks or trademarks, as well as those of our affiliates or other companies, in the form of words, graphics, and logos. Your use of our platform does not constitute any right or licence for you to use such service marks/trademarks, trade names, brands, domain names, or other distinctive brand features without the prior written permission of the corresponding service mark/trademark owner. Our platform is protected under international copyright laws. The copying or redistribution by you of any portion of our platform is strictly prohibited. Your use of our platform does not grant you ownership rights of any kind.
14. Electronic Communications. By using our platform, you consent to receiving electronic communications from us. These electronic communications may include notices about applicable subscription fees and transactional information and other information concerning or related to the use of our platform. These electronic communications are part of your relationship with us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements.
15. Links to Other Websites. Our platform contains third party links. When you click on such a link, we will not warn you that you have left our platform. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you. By linking to these links, we do not create or have an affiliation with, or sponsor such third party websites. The inclusion of links within our platform does not constitute any endorsement, guarantee, warranty, or recommendation of such third party websites. Umeand has no control over the legal documents and privacy practices of third party websites; as such, you access any such third party websites at your own risk.
16. Content Rights and Responsibilities. You retain ownership of your content; you give Umeand a nonexclusive licence to publish your content on our platform. You grant to us an irrevocable royalty-free licence to copy, distribute, display, modify, reformat and otherwise use your content in connection with providing our services and in connection with our business operations. You agree that you shall not be entitled to any monetary compensation in connection with your content; (a) your content will not be treated as confidential information; (b) you agree not to submit to us any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary; (c) you acknowledge that your content will be published on our platform, making it public; (d) and that you have no expectation of privacy in respect of such content. We are not obligated to backup User Content, and your content may be deleted at any time without prior notice – accordingly, we recommend you store any backup copies elsewhere.
17. Other Restrictions on User Content. By submitting your content on our platform, you agree that your content will not (a) infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of a third party, or other right of any person or entity; (b) be in poor taste (c) contain software viruses, junk or bulk e-mail (d) be unlawful, harmful, defamatory, invasive of other’s privacy, offensive; (e) constitute unauthorised or unsolicited advertising; (f) involve any commercial activities and/or sales without prior written consent; or (g) impersonate any person or entity. Umeand does not publish content that is deemed promotional, endorse supplements or prescriptive medical advice. You acknowledge and agree that we may remove content in our sole discretion if required to do so to: (a) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or (b) to protect the rights, property, personal safety, or our community and the public.
18. Pre-screen Content. You acknowledge that we reserve the right in our sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse or remove content shared by our Users. By entering into this Agreement, you hereby consent and agree that you will never revoke such consent to such monitoring. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of your content. In the event that we pre-screen, rewrite, edit, refuse or remove your content from our platform, you acknowledge that Umeand will do so for the benefit of our customers, users or our brand. We reserve the right to remove any content that violates this Agreement.
19. Group Page. A Group Page allows allow you to share and interact with your poll members so you can continue to plan your meet-ups or business meetings. Your group page permits you and your group members to share information, links, text, messages, photos, videos or other materials in a safe environment. Everyone on a group page plays a part in keeping their group page safe. You are solely responsible for the content that you post and that any such submissions are considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. If you share information on a group page, you understand that anyone in your group or not in your group could see your submissions. Umeand is not responsible for content that members post or the communications that members share using our Platform. Umeand may, but has no obligation to, monitor, review, or edit User Content shared on a group page. Umeand is not responsible for User Content nor does it endorse any opinion contained in any User Content.
20. Safety. We have made it easy for all group members to report potential abuse from a group page. You can also leave a group at any time; once you leave a group, you will no longer receive emails from the group members. We reserve the right to investigate violations in this term. In the event that we believe, in our sole discretion, that you have breached any portion of these terms, we reserve the right to; (a) remove or delete access to such content; (b) warn you via e-mail (to any e-mail address you have provided to us); (c) pursue any other action that we deem to be appropriate. If, as a result of the investigation, we believe that illegal activity has occurred, we reserve the right to refer the matter to; (d) cooperate with any and all applicable legal authorities. We may take these actions without prior notification to you or any third party.
21. Violations. Please report any violations of this Agreement by customers, users or third party by sending an email to email@example.com.
23. How to contact us.
Postal Address: Umeand, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Number: 11792555