We take a collective approach to connecting and doing more face to face. We welcome writers from diverse backgrounds; you don’t have to be a professional writer to write for us. Our editors will polish your story if needed. Before you start please read our short guide below:
- We look for well written stories with a strong opening, middle and ending. Is it the type of article you would want to share with your network? Is it easy to scan through? Does it have a clear call for action for our readers as a give away?
- We ask that you provide an image relevant to your article. Your image must be royalty free or owned by you and must be submitted with your story via the Umeand website. We reserve the right to change your image to a different image if we think it’s necessary.
- Even if your article meets all above requirements we do not guarantee that it will be published in the Umeand Community. All submissions will be reviewed and we’ll let you know if your story will be published or not.
How to submit a story
To submit a story as a ‘Guest Writer’, simply click on Share a Story to create an account, if you don’t have an account with us, complete all the fields on the sign up page. We’ll send you an email to verify your account. Log In as normal, complete your account settings. Click share a story on your account page to create your story.
How to create your story
- Write a short bio about yourself; it should be no more than 100 words.
- Upload a headshot photo of yourself to use for your bio.
- Include links to your website, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter pages.
- Please put the title of your story in the subject line and the full text in the body.
- Your story must have a featured image so please add this in the body of your text before uploading your story. You can save your story and submit it when you are ready.
- By default, you wouldn’t be able to submit your story without completing all required fields.
Before submitting your story
- We reserve the right to make any edits to your story.
- We’ll share your story in our social networks if we decide to publish it.
- Your story must not promote products or companies.
How long should my story be?
We prefer stories that are between 300 to 700 words. For Expert Resource Guides, they can be between 800 to 1200 words.
What will happen after I’ve submitted my story for review?
After you’ve submitted your story, we will check if it aligns with our minimum standard requirement. At this stage we can’t respond to every submission we receive. If your story has been accepted, we will respond within 7 days. Your story will be reviewed by our editorial team before we publish it, which could take up to 21 days.
How long will it take for my story to be published?
We try to publish stories as quickly as possible. Stories are published depending on the subject areas and our editorial focus for the month. Our average turnaround is between 14 -21 days.
What topics can I write about?
Time well spent with your group members, friends and family is our primary focus. We also cover wellness, social health, life lessons and productivity. Please note it must be your story, not other people’s stories.
How often can I write?
You can write and share your stores with us as often as you like!
Can I share an story without being a subscribed member?
You don’t have to be a subscribed member to write for us! To submit a story as a ‘Guest Writer’, simply click on ‘Write for Us’ to access our Writer’s Guide before starting.